Go Back   KSKNetwork.com Forums > A Welcoming COMMUNITY of Supportive Decorative Finishers > Website Rules, Announcements, & Updates
Home Forums Chatroom Galleries Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 26th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Ginny

Congrats Kelly

Congrats and good luck with this next step which is big for all faux painters. What I liked most about your research is the "green" factor in your products. When I explained this to customers .. they couldn't wait to use green products. Thanks for keeping us healthy with your pioneering into this next step of faux products. We've come a long way from oil paints... Although can't wait to get some of the Shizen!!!!! love the concept of Green.
Old January 26th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Tara

Way to go Kelly!! Looking forward to the new products and being back in the studio again. Can't wait to make new samples!!!

Congrats on your new position!
Old January 28th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Chris Sain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSK
Hello faithful KSK Network members, students of Kelly S. King Academy and friends. It’s been a while since I have posted on the site due to some recent developments. I have been working on one of the largest projects ever undertaken throughout my career in the decorative painting industry. Because of this, I have been trying to keep things under wraps for quite some time. This is one of the final pieces to the original post I made on this forum just over a year and half ago.

As you know my company has always been in the so called “Fish Bowl”. Because of this, I have kept my recent endeavors very private in preparation to start making my announcements. Anything I could have posted may have lead to information getting out before its time. Just like with Fauxcademy, it is tradition for me to keep things locked in suspense and wait until the last possible moment to introduce the new things I am working on that will affect the Decorative Painting Industry.

Without further delay here is the major announcement you have been anticipating. With over a year in negotiations, the Kelly S. King Academy of Faux Painting and Decorative Finishing has been purchased by RPM, a fortune 500 company dedicated to carrying out the vision of the companies it acquires. The acquisition happened through Modern Masters Inc. and now the Kelly S. King Academy is officially a division of Modern Masters. With extreme enthusiasm I have accepted a position as the Director of Education and Product Development with Modern Masters Inc.

Press releases have gone out in many of the trade publications such as SALI Magazine, The Faux Finisher, and PDR Magazine.

Jim Rogers, the General Manager and Vice President of Modern Masters, has embraced my vision and handed me the reigns to head up the initiative to create the world’s leading product system called the Platinum Series System. Modern Masters has been dedicated to manufacturing products for the decorative painting industry for two generations and these new materials will compliment the current retail line of decorative painting products Modern Masters currently manufactures.

Through countless hours of vigorous discussions and planning, Jim and I have orchestrated a system that we believe will change the decorative finishing world forever. Backed by a Fortune 500 company and their conglomeration of companies such as; Rustoleum, Zinsser, and DAP to name a few, this system will be more advanced and structured than anything in our industry.

The initial launch of the Phase I products will soon be released in my next series of update classes called, “The Platinum Series-Shizen-Bellezza Product Update Class”. Last year we had on overwhelming response to our update classes and we expect the new update classes to be the same. The classes will be two days of information and sample making and the best part… the classes are FREE! The classes will be held in Seattle in February, Omaha in March, and Los Angeles in April. There are a limited number of spaces available and will require a $100 deposit up front to hold your space. This deposit will be refunded when you arrive for class the first day. We are also in the process of creating new 5 day advanced curriculums for these products as well and other specialized curriculums that will follow.

A little information on the Phase I products…Shizen a Japanese word and Bellezza an Italian word both meaning “Natural Beauty”, these two brands are part of the Platinum Series Line. The Shizen brand has some of the most exciting new products to hit the market place. The natural chemistry of the material originates from Japan and contains low or no VOC’s “volatile organic compounds” and are considered “Environmentally Friendly” materials. There are 4 key products in this line; Kai, Kyoto, Pataan, and Koruku. The Bellezza line of Italian Lime Plasters and paints, are each unique in their own way. Created for more productivity and ease of use, these materials have the diversity to be simple or layered for more dimensional finishes and are also “Environmentally Friendly”. New types of Marmorino, varied Travertino textures, lime and clay plasters, and Tadelakt a Moroccan clay plaster. Finally, the introduction of the Platinum Series products in Phase I, consisting of newly formulated materials that are important to everyday use in the field. Future Phases of the Platinum Series will be launched throughout 2008 and 2009.

I am sure you will find these materials as fascinating as I do and find your customers equally as fascinated when you share the stories of these materials with them…the same stories that will be shared with you in the update class. I have been introducing these products through private discussions with ASID Designers in Beverly Hills, California and the response has been nothing short of amazing. I felt it was necessary for me to get a first hand assessment of the material before we went public with them.

In the traditional manner of mystery that I have always loved to tantalize my fellow decorative artists with, I would like to take this opportunity to personally invite you to attend the “Platinum Series-Shizen-Bellezza Product Update Class” and first hand see the Platinum Series System.

My commitment to bringing the best of the best to the decorative artists in our industry is stronger than ever. This is an opportunity to not only be part of the cutting edge changes in our industry, but also elevate your existing business. I am excited to see you in one of the update classes!

Sincerely,

Kelly S. King
look forward to seeing you guys and the new product line up at Omaha
many congrats see you soon
Old February 4th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Saskia

Fantastic news ! Your skills are nothing short of amazingly inspirational. Good luck and see you soon.

Saskia
Old February 5th, 2008, 09:28 PM
carmineb

Omaha is starting to look pretty good right about now!

Can't wait....
Old November 24th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Passive Member

phantum27

when are the update classes in Seattle.
Old November 24th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Administrator
Fauxcademy Award Winner

Sorry, No classes in Seattle

At this time there are no classes for our new "Shizen" product line in Seattle, WA. Please call Betty @800-980-3289 for more information.
Old October 11th, 2009, 09:44 PM
paintbycolor

Shizen class

Hi Phantum27! I just happened to notice your inquiry about training on Kelly's Shizen curriculum. I have just recently opened the Platinum Training Center in Edmonds, WA. Please check out my website for information or even better, just call me @ 206 719-2423. I am offering a massive price break on my classes for Kelly's past students!
www.artisticaccentwalls.com
Look forward to hearing from you!
Annette Shepherd

PS. If you happen to need any metallic plasters, glazes or colorants, just let me know - I can give you a catalog and you are welcome to check out the Platinum products at my studio - just call first.